Monday, November 24, 2008

It Started With a Kiss, Now We're Up to Bat...

I was blown away when I first saw this video of Michelle Branch with Carlos Santana on guitar. I was just getting ready for work one morning and VH1 was playing on the TV. I was immediately struck by the authority of Branch's towering vocals, so youthful (and comely), which were accompanied by the familiar sounding riffs of the Latin guitar master.

Please enjoy, "
The Game of Love":



I'll have more blogging tonight, dear readers.

4 comments:

AmPowerBlog said...

One's plenty, Philippe!

Jonn Lilyea said...

There's also a version of the song with Tina Turner and Santana. I'm not sure which I like more. I despise Santana's politics, but that guitar playing almost makes up for it.

AmPowerBlog said...

Thanks John!

Anonymous said...

Donald.
Hard to believe Carlos has been around since Woodstock. I have a few of his albums, my favourites being Abraxas and Caravanserai. His song 'Samba Pa Ti' from that 1970 album Abraxas is still one of my favourite Santana tracks. Archetypal Carlos at his best. Find the clip and you will see just what I mean.

Tony.