Monday, December 8, 2008

Oh Yeah, All Right, Take it Easy Baby...

I'm going to be away from the computer for a while, so please enjoy Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, "American Girl":



I remember watching the band at the Super Bowl halftime show this year. It was awesome to see these guys playing with such verve, and the enthusiasm of the crowd rushing the stage reminded me of some of the stadium concerts I attended years ago (YouTube here).

I called my son down from his room to watch the performance, but he wasn't interested. It reminded me of Jack Black in School of Rock, "What do they teach you kids around here ... !"
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, a great American band.

6 comments:

brenda cox giguere said...

Ah, I knew I liked you.

TOM PETTY FOREVER.

brenda giguere
hollywood goes conservative

AmPowerBlog said...

Thanks Brenda!

Grizzly Mama said...

Love Tom Petty!!

Anonymous said...

Yet another great liberal artist.

I've seen Petty no less than 8 times over the years. Always great.

AmPowerBlog said...

Thanks Grizzly Mama!

FreeRangeK said...

What fond memories! I remember the first listen to this album; my friends and I thought it was great; and... he was such a fox! Then my friend's boyfriend came in and said that was the very same guy who stiffed him on a pot deal. Wow, how times change... but invariably remain the same! Ahh, nostalgia!