Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Foreign Policy in Four Easy Steps

I'm just borrowing this straight from Robert Stacy McCain, Foreign Policy, Made Simple":

Da Tech Guy has posted a "Statement of Common Principles" which you may want to check out. My own personal reaction, posted there as a comment:

Hmmm. It's all foreign policy. I don't see anything objectionable here, but I've never been much interested in foreign policy, which is an expert's game and I'm not all into that diplomacy stuff.

So far as I’m concerned, the world can be divided into four categories:

  1. U.S.A.
  2. Countries that we’re at war with.
  3. Countries that we’re not at war with.
  4. Countries that are watching from the sidelines and thinking, "Hmmm. Maybe we should jump in on this war against America."
The objective of policy should be for category 1 to whip the living dog$#it out of category 2, and thereby transfer them to category 3, so as to send a message to category 4: “Don’t even think about it, a$$holes."
Peace Through Superior Firepower. Anybody got a better idea?
More at the link.

Related: Jennifer Rubin, "Re: No More Allies — Abe, there also isn't apparently any aggression or any aggressors ..." (via Memeorandum).

2 comments:

Dave said...

LOL-Works for me.

-Dave

The Vegas Art Guy said...

Sign me up. Sometimes it really is that simple.